Hei Tree Huggers & Lovers!
This summer I will surf in California, not just on the waves of the Pacific Ocean but in the Coastal Redwoods Parks and in Groves of Giant Sequoias in the Sierra.
List of the places I will visit
Locations on Coast:
- Santa Barbara, biggest Ficus of North-America
- Big Sur, Pfeiffer State Park;
- Carmel, Point Lobos;
- Santa Cruz, Big Basin Redwoods State Park;
- San Francisco, Muir Woods;
- Guerneville, Armstrong Redwoods State Park;
- Leggett, Frank and Bess Smithe Grove – Smithe State Natural Reserve;
- Avenue of the Giants;
- Weott, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, Montgomery Woods;
- Piercy, Lilley Redwood Park – Fraternal Monarch o World Famous Tree House;
- Eureka, Sequoia Park;
- Orik, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park;
- Crescent City, Redwood National Park – Del Norte Redwoods State Park – Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.
Locations on Sierra:
- Calaveras of the Big Trees;
- Toulomne Grove;
- Yosemite Valley;
- Mariposa Grove;
- Nelder Grove;
- Sequoia National Forest;
- Big Stump Grove;
- General Grant Grove;
- Converse Basin Grove;
- Redwood Mountain Grove;
- Lost Grove;
- Giant Forest, General Sherman Tree;
- Muir Grove;
- Atwell-East Fork Grove;
- Inyo National Forest – Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest;
- Mojave Desert - Joshus Trees.
I've opened a page in Facebook, I will send every day at least one shot from the Tour. Please Join it!
Sons of the trip will be a long reportage for the italian newspapaer La Stampa (Turin) and a new book titled "Jonas of the Sequoias".
«And so Lord created giant sequoias, at the end of the sixth day, Lord created biggest trees that Men could see on Earth, so high to touch the sky and so huge not to be comparable with fishes living in the depths» [Tiziano Fratus]
Hello Tiziano, all I can say is lucky *** (laughs) Have a good time, sounds fantastic.
Thank You RedRob, I hope so!
Good luck. It sounds exciting.
Good luck Tiziano. I'm also going to the Sierra Nevada range in California in September, so you can also expect new images from me too :) People who know me, know I'm a giant sequoia fanatic.
Hi Tim, SEQUOIA FANATIC is perfect!